Here are teething remedies which can help your baby go right through teething:
- Chewing - teething babies chew and bite a lot and there is a reason behind it. Chewing action produces counter-pressure and helps to relieve the discomfort. While babies generally start to chew the plastic toys themselves, chewing is more effective when the chewing object is cold. Cold chewing makes the gums go numb and provide a short relief from the pain. Make sure you have a big supply of teething toys or cold washcloths in the fridge (not in the freezer.)
- Soft Massage - if the tooth has not yet erupted or the gums haven’t been bruised, massage and friction can work wonders. Even if your baby resists it at the beginning, massage his or her cheeks and chin softly. You can also rub the gums softly with a clean finger.
- Massagers - unique teething devices such as GUMDOC™ relieve the teething baby from all the aches and discomfort. GUMDOC™ enables the baby chewing and biting to reduce the feeling of pain. GUMDOC™ also sends vibrations and can be used to open the Eustachion tube to prevent ear infections and blockages. GUMDOC™ head can be replaced to suit the baby's preference and enables using the device for more than one baby.
Teething tricks you shouldn’t try:
- Rigid food like crackers, frozen bagels, and frozen fruits and vegetables. They appeal to a baby’s intense urge to chew, but when gnawed on long enough they can come apart in choke-hazardous chunks.
- Rubbing a little brandy on swollen gums. Even tiny amounts of alcohol can be poisonous to a baby.